Our blog is dedicated to seasonal living: cooking with local produce (sometimes our own), sewing for the home and searching out vintage bargains.

We believe that most of the pleasure is in the journey - in the making and creating, even if in a simple way.

Saturday 9 May 2015

Banana Cake

8oz (225g) self-raising flour
2 ripe bananas, mashed
6oz Demerara (175g) sugar
6oz butter
1 large egg
50ml milk
teaspoon vanilla essence
I lb. loaf tin, greased and lined with greaseproof

Add the egg to the milk in a bowl.  Melt the butter, vanilla and sugar over a low heat. Add in the banana and the egg & milk mix. Fold in the flour and put into the tin. Bake in a moderate oven for about 30 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. I've never managed to master Banana cake but I really love eating it, I need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too need to give this a try, it looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete