Our blog is dedicated to seasonal living: cooking with local produce (sometimes our own), sewing for the home and searching out vintage bargains.

We believe that most of the pleasure is in the journey - in the making and creating, even if in a simple way.

Sunday 19 June 2011

Hanging Baskets

There is still time to make a hanging basket. Indeed, in this part of Britain, you wouldn't be wise to put a basket out before June. Line a wire basket with sphagnum moss. I put an opened out cellophane bag (say a freezer bag) over the moss. Make some holes in the bag. Almost fill the basket with compost. Now comes the fun bit...add your own choice of plants. I usually choose plants such as geranium, bacopa, surfinia and verbena. We'll have another look at it when there is some colour to show you.

2 comments:

  1. I like looking at everyone's hanging baskets. I love them, but don't tend to do any, as all the more to water! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad used to do wonderful hanging baskets and took great care of them. I, on the other hand, would forget to water them half the time so I don't usually do them though I do have a nice bracket outside the front door:) I hang a lantern on it instead:)

    ReplyDelete