Our blog is dedicated to seasonal living: cooking with local produce (sometimes our own), sewing for the home and searching out vintage bargains.

We believe that most of the pleasure is in the journey - in the making and creating, even if in a simple way.

Thursday 7 April 2011

More make do and mend


Does spring make you want to spruce things up a bit?  Must be all that light streaming through the windows (well, it would to if I cleaned them!) making everything look a bit tired.  I've been on the search for fabric, and decided now is the time to get creative and actually sew some things.

First cushion I made from a bargain find...a child's Ikea duvet cover...using the decorative border and adding a couple of hearts of my own.


Then some flowery ones using a couple of remnants that seemed to complement each other.


And another felted cardigan bag...the best part of this is choosing a fabric for the lining and some matching buttons.  Think I'm on a roll now!

4 comments:

  1. I adore the bag, it's better than Accessorize!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay..nowI really do have to learn how to sew! I want that middle cushion!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bag - so unique and so much better made than shop bought ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this one I have to show my daughter as she is just getting into making her own things - its brilliant, well done girls :)

    ReplyDelete