Our blog is dedicated to seasonal living: cooking with local produce (sometimes our own), sewing for the home and searching out vintage bargains.

We believe that most of the pleasure is in the journey - in the making and creating, even if in a simple way.

Saturday 19 March 2011

Easy Ginger Nuts

These are not difficult to make and taste so much nicer than the shop bought version
5oz plain flour
1oz brown sugar
2oz butter
3oz golden syrup
half level teaspoon bicarbonate soda
2 teaspoons ground ginger

Heat the oven to Gas Mark 3, 160C, 325F
Butter a baking tray.
Sieve the flour, bicarb and ginger
Melt the butter, syrup and sugar gently until melted. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir.
Roll into small balls with your hands. Place on the baking tray, leaving room for them to spread.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
Remove to a wire tray to become cool and crisp.

8 comments:

  1. Hello, thanks for sharing this recipe, they look delicious! I love anything with ginger in... I've awarded you with a well deserved blog award, pop over to mine if you would like to take it! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sound delicious- Thank you!
    Warm Wishes,
    Callie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi
    it sounds very delicious!!!!!
    thanks for sharing the recipes!!
    have a sunny day,
    regina

    ReplyDelete
  4. not a fan of ginger, we make ginger ice cream at work and it's v popular! Did Plum and Ginger too, even I quite liked that one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't made ginger biscuits for years, I used to make them a lot when the children were young, rock buns too. Those I do still make occasionally. trouble is there's only DH and I to eat them most of the time which is not good news as far as my weight is concerned!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh ginger nuts... my favourite. I shall pass your recipe on to my children at the weekend and cross my fingers that some will magically appear with a cup of tea later that afternoon!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks really nice.:-) Stina

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to come back and say how much I enjoyed these biscuits ~ I baked them yesterday and even my husband, who claims to dislike ginger biscuits ate a couple, then asked for more!

    Your recipe for Honey Oat biscuits has long been a favourite in our house ~ as fast as I bake them, they disappear...

    Marie x

    ReplyDelete