Our blog is dedicated to seasonal living: cooking with local produce (sometimes our own), sewing for the home and searching out vintage bargains.

We believe that most of the pleasure is in the journey - in the making and creating, even if in a simple way.

Tuesday 22 February 2011

Vintage Knits

A friend found these old knitting patterns in a charity shop for me. I am really enjoying looking through them. I had a thought - don't know if anyone agrees. Wool shops these days are absolutely packed with fabulous wool, this area has really taken off; however, in my opinion patterns have not kept up. So, if someone a lot cleverer than me was to put old patterns together with new wools...vintage with a twist?

4 comments:

  1. Ohh that sounds wonderful ~ new wool with vintage patterns. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're absolutely right so much yarn and certainly not enough garment patterns.Especially for a beginner knitter like me!
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there are a couple of vintage pattern books with modern sizes, yarns etc. I have a lot of patterns from the 30s and 40s because I love looking at them but knitting with them is another matter as sizes, yarns etc were very different then. They are often only one size and that size is usually a 32" bust! There are so many re- enactors around these days that I'm sure there would be a market for vintage patterns with updated instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog very interesting and I am following you.
    My main blog is
    http://wwwNatureTalks.blogspot.com
    Hope you will like it and inviting you into the follower's cirdcle. Love: Julia/Blue Bird :)

    ReplyDelete