Our blog is dedicated to seasonal living: cooking with local produce (sometimes our own), sewing for the home and searching out vintage bargains.

We believe that most of the pleasure is in the journey - in the making and creating, even if in a simple way.

Thursday 17 February 2011

Turning to gold

,  

Well, I've at last bought some Seville oranges and made marmalade...should keep us going for a while. 


 But carrot and coriander soup's not done yet...tomorrow maybe!


And still on the gold theme, I couldn't resist a gorgeous ranunculus (more orangey-red than gold) and a pretty primula to brighten up the back door.  The harsh winter has played havoc with the pots I planted up in autumn, so they look terribly drab right now.


10 comments:

  1. lovely flowers! I don't like marmalade :0

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi
    i love orange-marmalade.the flowers in your pot
    looking wonderful.i love the sunshine colors.
    have a nice day!!!
    greetings from a rainy germany,
    regina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love marmalade on my morning toast and carrot and coriander is a favourite flavour for soup. Your flowers are so bright and cheerful:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful flowers, just right for cheering up the grey days we have been having.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my~ I LOVE orange marmie, my family doesn't ~ looks YUMMY. Just found your blog through Daisy Cottage ~ I am going to follow along ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely splash of colour from those flowers. I'm afraid I haven't got round to making maramalade this year and I suspect that I'm not going to have time now - homemade is so much nicer than bought too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The marmalade looks good - love the little caps! Gorgeous, cheerful flowers too! - ranunculus are gorgeous, aren't they/ Enjoy your weekend X

    ReplyDelete
  8. i Love carrot and coriander soup and your post is so full of cheerful oranges. definatly good for cheering up these winter days. wishing you a lovely weekend,
    ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those hats on your marmalade look just perfect. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome New Friend from that wonderful farmland!You know I like everything outside of a city! No matter where I went: cities are not my cup of tea.You have a most beautiful life, hope you are aware of it and love it.
    Your blog is full of the spirit of enjoyment you live with.
    Thank you for the reply! You are invited into the circles of my followers while I follow you. Love: Julia/Blue bird :)

    ReplyDelete